Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nothing can just be normal

I have been walking around with this pregnancy, and all I hear is "Wow you are so small." I thought maybe that was just the way my body was carrying this pregnancy. Well it turns out that Brooklyn is a small baby. I am 37 weeks and she is only 5 pounds. It turns out that she does not have enough fluid in there. They did some monitoring, and she is still active so they told me to just rest and drink lots of fluids. I have to ask the question, Why don't they just take her out? It scares me to death that something will happen to her while we are just sitting here doing nothing. I do not want to lose another baby. I cannot go through that again. I am going to be monitored twice a week until I deliver. So I guess I have to just sit around and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

3 comments:

  1. It must be so hard. I am glad they are monitoring you more often. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry things can't be easy. I had a friend who had the same experience with her fluid levels and her baby was just fine, on the smaller side, but still perfectly fine. I hope that maybe brings you a little bit of peace. Listen to your body and instincts and if you feel anything is not right, call your dr.

    BTW...the 21st is a GREAT day to have a baby, that is my Emma's b-day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla, keep the faith and keep me posted. She will be here before you know it. Denise

    ReplyDelete